I'm a Conference Newb, so I can't speak with great detail about how this event related to all the others in the world, but I can say I had a great time, met a ton of great people and solidified my relationship with others. I came away with a much better gut feeling on how the semantic web folks see the end game playing out, and the problems that I see with the current approach (It doesn't provide tools to capture the dynamic nature of social data, social networks need to be able to update a foaf file on a remote machine, not just aggregate it). I also arrived at an interesting to me realization of what I've found so disturbing about CrowdSourcing and how I aim to fix it.
- Talking with Dan Brickley about FOAF and XMPP
- Meeting Stephanie Booth. Freelancers check out her GoingSolo Conference happening in May
- Meeting Johann Romefort of Seesmic
- Meeting Uldis Bojars and the rest of the DERI Folk
- An interesting talk on the future of advertising
- An interesting talk by the BT about Tidly Wiki